Hello and Welcome

Please wipe your feet, put some slippers on, pop the kettle on...then come and sit down with a cuppa and have a read...I hope you enjoy my blog and it gives you a smile, some inspiration, lots of thoughts and loads of 'get up and go!'

Monday 23 September 2013

Hall of Mirrors

Today my Mum rang me to tell me that she thought she saw some of my fairground painting on a Littlewoods TV advert. I looked at their site on the internet just to see ...and there it was...'The Hall of Mirrors'. I haven't seen it for quite a few years, but it looks as though it is wearing well..
I initially painted it for Andrew Harris, who at the time travelled with Carters Steam Fair . He asked me to paint it with an Art Nouveau theme.... which I did , painting four ladies representing the four seasons. Hidden on the front is a Trompe l'oeil Robin and a ' Painted lady' butterfly. At the time my workshop was the upstairs of an old barn near Stanway, Glos. The front came apart to get it up the stairs ,so I didn't see it all together until Andrew came to collect it.I remember being very relieved to see that all the pictures did actually fit together !
To see the advert please click on the following link.






No comments:

Post a Comment